These simple, crunchy, buttery pieces of bread are great with Italian food or French food or as a base for piling cheeses, meats, and dips for hors d’oeuvres.
Buttery Garlic Crostini
- 1 Large Loaf of French Bread
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice bread into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut slices in half lengthwise.
- Melt butter, and whisk in salt, garlic and parsley.
- Brush each side of the crostini with butter mixture, and place them on the foil lined cookie sheet at least 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake on center oven rack for 15 minutes, turning over half-way through cooking.
- Serve hot or cold with your favorite dish, dip, or topping.
These will keep for about 1 week to 10 days in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.