I normally tell you to leave out the peppers if you don’t like spicy food. This time is an exception. Put the peppers in, and take a chance on a little pain! It’s so worth it!
This oven roasted salsa is great on meats, veggies, corn, even for dipping bread or chips. It has a richer, deeper flavor than cold salsa, and it goes better with warm food because it doesn’t cool it off.
Hot and Spicy Oven Roasted Salsa
- 2 Diced Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Diced Clove of Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Finely Ground Sea Salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons Roasted Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a small Pyrex baking dish.
- Slice 1/2 lemon and add to the dish. Squeeze the juice from the rest of the lemon onto salsa.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 475 degrees F for 7 minutes.
Serve immediately as a dip or on top of your favorite dish.