This is a nice, cozy, easy meal for one on a night when you’re home alone and feel like being nice to yourself. It’s healthy, it’s yummy, it’s simple to clean up, and it’s a little more elegant than carrots and a chicken breast.
Of course, you can make this for more people. Just double or quadruple everything, and cook the fish and beans on separate trays.
Roasted Tilapia and Green Beans with Dilly Sauce
- 1 Boneless Tilapia Fillet
- Fresh Green Beans – However Many You Can Eat
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Dill
- Kosher Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lite or Low-Fat Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Lite Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pat tilapia dry with a paper towel.
- Thinly slice 1/2 of the lemon and set the rest aside to juice.
- Coat both sides of tilapia with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and 1 teaspoon of fresh dill.
- Place tilapia and any excess of the coating in a zip lock baggie with lemon slices on each side of it, and let marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Wash and dry green beans, and snip off the ends.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss green beans, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Dump tilapia, marinade, and lemon slices onto an aluminum foil square just big enough to completely wrap the fish.
- Place the wrapped tilapia and the green beans on one aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet. Be sure to spread out the green beans so that they cook evenly.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven preheated to 425 degrees F, and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Make Dilly Sauce
Remove from oven, and serve immediately. Spoon the sauce onto the tilapia while it is hot (I like it on the green beans too).