I’m calling these “brownie cookies” for now because I didn’t think to just make them in a sheet and call them brownies. Next time, I’ll try that, but these turned out great, so I’m going to go ahead and share them with you.
I made these so that my diabetic dad and my gluten-free sister could both enjoy them.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Almond Brownie Cookie (Things)
- 2 Cups of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder (baking cocoa – no sugar)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 5 Tablespoons of Truvia Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Almond Slivers
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl, and whisk together (do not add the almond slivers).
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients, and add the wet ingredients. Mix together with a large spoon until all ingredients are incorporate and mixture is thick.
- Spoon large drops of batter onto a large, parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove brownie cookies from oven and flatten by pressing down, gently, with a spatula.
- Press almond slivers into each cookie.
- Return to oven to bake for another 10 minutes.
Allow brownie cookie things to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 14 cookies.