These are fun and easy, and you make them in a muffin tin. I used a tin that makes heart-shaped muffins, so my frittatas came out looking like they were drunk. Regular, round muffin tins are best (unless you want your food to look drunk, of course).
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Half and Half or Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Parsley (dry flakes are also fine)
- 1 Teaspoon (or more!) Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 of a Medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup of Fresh, Grated Parmesan Cheese (do NOT use the powder)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Place eggs in a large bowl with the cream, and beat them well with a whisk or fork.
- Chop parsley, bell pepper, and onion, and add them to the egg along with the crushed red pepper and half of the parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste, and whisk until well blended.
- Coat six cups of a muffin tin well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into cups. Only fill each cup about half way.
- Top each with a small pinch of the remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 8 minutes on the center rack of the oven at 375 degrees F.
When you remove them, the frittatas should be just slightly wet in the middle of the top still, and they will have puffed up and out of their cups a bit.
Use a butter knife around the edge of each cup to loosen the frittata, and then gently scoop it out with a large spoon.
Serve with toast, or go crazy and serve with salsa or fresh tomatoes and a corn tortilla or small piece of cornbread.
Makes 6 mini-frittatas.