I’m so in love with these peppers! Enjoya bells are beautiful, sweet, striped peppers from Holland. Whenever I find them, I grab them and try to come up with a new way to serve them.
This time, I’m stuffing the bottom half with cottage cheese. The tops can be sliced or chopped and added to an entree to go with these stuffed peppers. I sliced them and sauteed them to top chicken with Greek seasoning.
Stuffed Enjoya Peppers
- 2 Enjoya Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Large Hot House Tomato, Chopped
- Sea Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Kalimata Olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice top off of peppers, and remove all seeds. The bottom half of the peppers should work as bowls to fill with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Finely chop the tomato and 2 of the basil leaves (tip: do not include the seeds or the soft parts of the tomato or the mixture will be runny).
- Combine the cottage cheese, garlic powder, chopped basil and tomato, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the bell pepper “bowls” with cottage cheese mixture, piled high.
- Place peppers in ungreased baking dish, and bake on middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Chiffonade the remaining basil leaves, slice the olives, and top the baked peppers with them.
Serve on their own or as a side to an entree.