Yes. Avocado toast is an awful, horrible, hipster, pretentious trend. It’s also really good and really good for you. It’s an easy breakfast or snack, and after experimenting with it, I’ve decided that keeping it simple is really the yummiest approach.
Easy Pretentious, Hipster, Avocado Toast
- 2 Whole Avocados
- 1 Large Tomato
- 2 Slices of Whole Grain Wheat Toast
- Sea Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Cut tomato into wedges, and cut wedges into thirds.
- Core, peel, and slice avocados; and mix with chili pepper flakes using a large fork until well blended.
- Spread avocado thickly onto toast; add tomato; and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.