This is my favorite treat on a hot day (or any day), right now. To tell the truth, I’m supposed to count calories, but I don’t seem to be able to eat just one or two of these bad boys. They’re so good!
These are simple, and they don’t require special popsicle molds or syrups. Your ice-tray and some cling wrap work nicely to create mini-pops that barely have any calories at all, but you don’t sacrifice any taste.
Use my ingredients below or substitute your own favorite fruits. Most anything works.
- Ice Tray
- Cling Wrap
- Popsicle Sticks
- 4 Cups of Strawberries
- 3 Cups of Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Trulia Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- Wash and trim berries, and put them in a large blender with all ingredients. You may need to half everything and do two batches, depending on the size of your blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour into ice trays and cover tray tightly with cling wrap.
- Gently poke a popsicle stick into the center of each mini-pop, and place in the freezer overnight.
- Run lukewarm water over the back of the ice tray to loosen mini-pops, remove cling wrap, and gently rock popsicle stick back and forth to pull free.