If you’ve never tried this revolutionary dessert, you absolutely must take a chance on it. The first time I heard of Balsamic Strawberries, I turned my nose up and grimaced. Strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and pepper? No way that could be any good.
Boy was I wrong! This stuff works.
I should warn you, though. I am a complete and unrepentant strawberry fanatic. I’m even giving them their own tag. If there is a way to put strawberries in anything, I’m down for it. And I am going to convert you.
If you’ve already had the pleasure of tasting this off-beat treat, I’ve made it simple to recreate without needing to slave over an oven making the balsamic reduction. I you’ve never had the pleasure, take a chance, and make this. You won’t regret it.
♥♥ Balsamic Strawberries ♥♥
- 6 Cups Fresh Strawberries – sliced or quartered
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Balsamic Vinegar – 5 tablespoons
- Crushed Black Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Fresh mint
Instructions (it’s always best to read all the instructions before beginning):
- Clean and cut the strawberries.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the strawberries.
- Cover bowl with foil or cling wrap and set out for 45 minutes to warm to room temp.
- Serve strawberries with a sprinkle of crushed black pepper and a sprig of fresh mint.